Join our Team!
Horizon Construction is always looking for ambitious and bright individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
We realize a career is more than just a paycheck. Our philosophy has been to hire talented professionals who love what they do, give them interesting work and opportunity, and allow them to share in the company’s success.
We believe in building more than construction projects – we build relationships with our clients, subcontractors and with each other.
Our generous benefits packaging includes competitive compensation, bonuses, Paid Time Off, paid Holidays, 401K with Company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability. Most importantly, a career with a company that cares about you.
Click on one of our current career opportunities below to learn more about that position and then apply for that position in the form at the bottom of this page.
Our business is thriving and we are adding a qualified Lead Electricians to provide general maintenance and electrician services to large restaurant chains and retail stores throughout the Southeast. Work to be performed includes electrical maintenance, installation, repair and troubleshooting of commercial electrical systems. We expect our electricians to be passionate about serving our customers and providing them with a better construction experience.
Applicants must be able to perform the following duties:
- Facilitate electrical wiring for restaurant remodels, new commercial construction projects, tenant finishes, and retail remodels.
- Diagnose and repair issues with malfunctioning lighting, switchgear, and equipment within restaurants and other commercial spaces.
- Replace faulty electrical equipment, lighting, switches, and wiring.
- Repair exterior lot lighting and signage issues related to ballasts, lamps, and sockets.
- Communicate with Restaurant operators, jobsite Superintendents, and Clients to ensure that their objectives and goals have been met.
- High School diploma or GED
- 3-5 years electrical industry related field experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Strong communication skills and neat appearance
- Must be reliable with strong work ethic
- Have good references
- Daytime hours during new construction and remodel projects
- Night work for restaurant maintenance and upgrade projects
PAY & BENEFITS:
- Generous hourly rate depending on experience (career opportunity vs. a job)
- Great benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long-term disability provided by Horizon, generous Paid Time Office and 401K with company match.
-Horizon is an Equal Opportunity Employer-
Our superintendent's are the heart of our company and the leaders of our jobsites. We expect our superintendent's to be strong managers of the entire project team to work toward achieving our goals of being passionate about serving our customers and providing them with a better construction experience.
- Two or more years experience in commercial construction, preferrably with experience in restaurant or retail construction.
- Reliable transporation in the form of a truck or van (rated at least 1/2 ton) and confirmed vehicle insurance.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong familiarity with hand and power tools.
- Willingness to travel throughout the eastern U.S.
- Strong sense of stewardship and the ability to build and maintain relationships with our customers.
- A desire and willingness to be flexible
- A desire and willingness to be proactively engaged in solving problems
- Set expectations daily with each subcontractor as well as the client.
- Manage equipment, deliveries, waste hauling, etc.
- Effectively manage, store, and protect all on site materials.
- Monitor the project schedule and proactively anticipate and manage delays
- Communicate clearly, regularly, and professionally with all project team members
- Maintain a safe and clean jobsite
- Coordinate all inspections required by local jurisdictions and outside third parties
- Oversee quality control as determined both by industry standards and the expectations of our customers
- Assist in tracking and managing changes to the scope of work
- Assist in project completion including punch out and securing all certificates of completion
- Complete all necessary reporting and paper work as required by the project or the customer
- Engage and build relationships with our customers
- Career-based competitive salary
- Salary adjustments as warranted for the display of experience, skills, and abilities
- Monetary performance rewards offered twice annually
- Health, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- 401k program with company matching
- Competitive PTO-based vacation policy